4.0.3: missing /etc/X11/...

Your Xfree86 port looks fine, unfortunately does not have 24-bit support
(led to a core dump), but runs even under Win98. Great!

I installed all the xfree86-4.0.3-*.tar.bz2 files on top of the recent
cygwin version 1.1.8. I just downloaded everything from ftp.franken.de,
one of your main mirrors.

But, I (and X) miss the /etc/X11/... stuff, part of which is linked to
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11. X runs nevertheless, but some setting is missing,
like xinitrc, xserverrc, SecurityPolicy, ... Therefore, functionality
(like starting some window manager) is missing.

BTW: etc-x11-vtwm.tar.bz2 contains some of the missing parts, but does
not work at all: the .xinitrc starts the unknown xfwm instead of there
contained vtwm, which in turn is misconfigured.

I don't think this is intended, so consider this a bug report.

Best regards and thank you very much for the great cygwin/xfree stuff,

Hans

Hans Schlenker
http://www.first.gmd.de/~hs