RE: Compile Problems with Harold's Server...

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:

> Is there no other way to fix this problem then patching /usr/include/w32api?
> If there are problems with w32api in Cygwin, then should they not be fixed,
> instead of fixing only for xfree86?
>
> Suhaib
I think there were two possibilies.

a) leave the w32api includes unchanged and modify whole xc-tree
b) fix the occurences in w32api and leave the x sources untouched

since the first would have been a lot of work, I think the second was
the best.

Of course these changes should only be made when compiling for X (or
even just the XServer) and not for normal development.

Maybe the inclusion of the affected windows headers can be stopped by adding
some #define and #undef, but this is for the future when the XServer is
running correctly and no other work has to be done.

Bye
    ago

--
Alexander Gottwald