From: Enoch Wu
To: Christopher Faylor
Cc: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Sent: 4/8/2001 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: Debug of Test 15 (cgf input needed)

Hi all,

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 02:58:13PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 09:44:24PM -0700, Enoch Wu wrote:
> >You do need to get the sources and compile them with -g and with
> >optimizer -O turned off.  Edit the makefile to disable all strip
> >commands.
>
> There are no strip commands in the cygwin DLL makefile.
>
> >Sometimes sources are not easy to get.  Chris, is there a turf issue?
>
> Huh?  I have no idea what you're asking.
>
> What does "sources are not easy to get" mean?  AFAIK, you should be
able
> to either download snapshot sources or (preferred) check out the
sources
> via cvs.

Chris, I am over generalizing. I found the XFree86 sources everywhere.

I was thinking about the setup.exe listing -- there are many "n/a" when
clicked the "download the source files". I'm under the impression that
if
they are GPL'ed, then the C source files are available for anyone who
wants
to enhance them and release them in the same GPL spirit.

EW