Re: dde on HPUX using xfree86 on cygwin error

DDE as in HP DDE debugger?? Throw an eye at DDD :-)

[...]
| I got the following error when attempting to run dde off of HPUX:
|
|  X Error of failed request:  86  Major opcode of failed request:  51
| (X_SetFontPath)  Serial number of failed request:  108
|   Current serial number in output stream:  109

Look at this error again.. --->X_SetFontPath<---, the application
tells the server to pick fonts from a path that exists on the client,
but not on the server.

This error is normally nothing to worry about.. if the fonts in the
application is messed up, you need to copy fonts from the client (HP)
to the server machine.

It shouldn't terminate the application.. Try to duplicate the
font-structure you find in /opt/langtools/dde/ or similar into your
cygwin app.

| I have a MATROX MGA-G200 AGP with 8 megs on board on NT4.0.  I have
| downloaded an untarred all xfree86 tar's and xwindows runs.  Using the
| xserver remotely for an xwindows application that uses GLX runs very
| slowly and my connection is tcp/ip on a LAN.  Can anyone tell me why it
| is so slow and how I can speed it up?  According to the mailing list for

Do you have any comparision running GLX applications over the LAN on
unix computers that you know supports it..

Other reasons to slowness can be the cygwin/Xwin@cygwin layer not
performing optimal - yet.. :-)

I wonder if the GLX-support is fully implemented i Xwin@cygwin? using
hardware acceleration..