Re: tcpip call from startx

----- Original Message -----
From: "Suhaib Siddiqi" <ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com>
To: <cygwin-xfree@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 1:38 AM
Subject: RE: tcpip call from startx

> > Dear all,
> > I have installed the latest cygnus and xfree binaries, the
> > moment I try
> > to start X from within Cygnus with startx I get the error that
./xinit
> > is not found.
> >
> > So I tried to execute from the batch file startxwin.bat but
> > somewhere in
> > the start tcpip is called by LSL with a path that does not
> > exist on the
> > Novell server I work on: u:\net\net.cfg, anyhow LSL is not running
at
> > all
>

> I have no idea what is going on with NOvell.  xinit does exists in
> /usr/X11R6/bin if
> you have installed xfree86-4.0.3-Porg.tar.bz2.  It is part of
x-clients.
> startxwin.bat does not make calls to tcpip, but X Windows does require
your
> TCP/IP should be installed properly on the machine on which you
execute
> xwin.exe.
>
> What is LSL?

Link support layer - it's part of Novells' ODI stack (a competing
interface to NDIS).

Elwin, are you able to run
ping 127.0.0.1
before you try to run X ?

If so then I believe that you may have something in the path that
conflicts. Run up cygwin and enter
type -p startx
cat (whatver path was returned)
and then
type -p foo
rplacing foo with the appropriate command for every line in the startx
file.

Rob