RE: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Shadow Framebuffer Test 1

> >You need libz.dll from Cygwin/XFree86 distribution.
> >On OpenDX mailing list users have complain too about
> libz.dll and xpm.dll
> >conflicts
> >with xfree86.  Oneway to fix it, get ride of those from
> "contrib" directory,
> >that
> >is what I do, delete them after installing Cygwin, and use
> Xpm and libz.dll
> >from Xfree86.
>
> Why do you need a different libz.dll and xpm.dll?  Wouldn't it make
> sense to use the one distributed with Cygwin?

The code which comes with Xfree86 has some different export symbols.
libz.dll reports at least one missing symbol if the one from cygwin/contrib
is used.
I have not compared xpm code from xfree86 with Chuck code, but Xpm is now
standard library for Xfree86 4.x.  Some users at opendx mailing list
reported weierd pixels
if xpm from contrib directory was linked.  Xpm is part of Xfree86 4.0 and it
will be going
through modifications and enhancements by Xfree86 team. I, personally,
see no reasons to distribute Xpm separately any more.  How many applications
use
Xpm compiled with MSVC without X?  I am hardly aware of any, except, perhaps
Buba rxvt?

Suhaib