Re: Compile Problems.

> The patches you applied from mail archives were fro XFree86 4.0.1 and may
> not
> apply cleanly to XF86 4.0.2 or CVS version.

I understood that, and thought I'd try them before mailing the list.

> My latest patches to XF86 were applied to CVS day before yesterday (Feb
> 13th).
> When did you do a CVS update?

I updated on that day.  Late in the evening, central time.  I'll update
again and see what happens.

> The following error mean there is a missing #endif in
xc/config/cf/Imakefile
> or
> or one of the required *.cf *.rules *.tmpl files.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

> > In file included from config/cf/Imake.tmpl:1766,
> >                  from Imakefile.c:8:
> > /tmp/IIf.615477:87: unterminated `#ifdef' conditional
> > ./config/imake/imake: Exit code 1.
> >   Stop.
>
> These are a bit time consuming to figure out.  However the XF86 from CVS
> at http://www.xfree86.org should compile.  I have checked it. Are you sure
> that
> you got CVS sources downloaded properly.  You ran cvs update on a
directory
> which contained XF86 4.0.2 sources from *.tar.gz files?  I am affraid cvs
> update my not
> have worked.  You need to do a cvs checkout to make sure you get all the
> files properly.

No, I used 'cvs checkout -r xf-4_0_2 xc' to get 4.0.2.  That's also why I
used the -A (remove sticky tags) flag in the update.  Like I said, I'm gonna
update again.  Hopefully it will work correctly.

James Potts
(webmaster@verge-net.com)
(james@verge-rpg.com)