Re: Stand-alone application

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 08:24:04AM -0500, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
>><snip>
>>>I did not find his reply as an insult to you.  Sorry.
>><snip good list of suggestions>
>>
>>I don't think Jesper felt insulted, I think Jesper meant that he was
>>not insulting me.
>>
>>On the other hand Jesper - have you read the web pages?
>
>Whatever.  Let me emphasize it: The Cygwin mount points are needed.
>When compiling Xfree86 the /usr mount point is hard coded in cygwin.cf,
>it can be changed to whatever you like during compilation but it cannot
>be eliminated at all - that means a mount point must exist.
>
>Second: the X libraries also use the /dev/tty and /dev/zero mount
>points.
>
>Without proper mount points, a user will get errors either during
>application startup or during shutdown/abort process.

Also, I have to point out, that Cygwin licensing still enters into
all of this, if you are planning on distributing this stand-alone
application.  You will have to provide the sources for the DLL
and accomodate the X licensing policies if you are distributing
this to anyone.

Maybe this is a non-issue but I wanted to make sure that it got
recorded.

cgf