Re: Q: cygwin1.1.8+xfree4+lesstif0.92.6

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 08:08:44PM +0100, Fritz Thielemann wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>tried to build lesstif (0.92.6) on cygwin 1.1.8 with latest xfree
>installed.
>got an error on stage ./clients/Motif-1.2/uil in main.c with optarg and
>optind
>
>I've check all (3) mailing list archives and the only comments I found:
>
>- broken header in unistd.h (from lesstif list)
>- missing getopts (from cygwin list)
>
>I'm sligthly confused. What is broken on unistd.h? I can't find a
>getopts under /usr/bin.
>Other comments saying it is not possible to compile lesstif (0.93.6)
>under cygwin (1.1.8).
>
>If U ask for configure opts I use:
>./configure \
> --with-x \
> --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
> --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib \
> --enable-production=yes \
> --enable-shared=no \
> --enable-static=yes \
>
>Could someone bring some light to my smashed head.

It will be difficult to do so unless you can provide details.

I'm not aware of anything wrong with unistd.h.  If there are problems
we obviously need to know the details to the problems.  Since hundreds
of people are using the package, it's not likely that the problems are
trivial.

I will point out that getopts is a builtin for BASH and /bin/sh != bash.
/bin/sh == ash.  I don't know if this helps or not.

What errors are you seeing?

cgf