Re: xfree86 runs but programs can't connect to it

Hi,

I had the same problem under W2K on my ThinkPad.
I think it is not due to XFree86, but I doubt something regarding on
FD_CLOEXEC in the cygwin DLL.

After I commented out the following line in _X11TransConnectDisplay of
ConnDis.c,

   /*  _X11TransSetOption(trans_conn,TRANS_CLOSEONEXEC,1); */

everything works fine. However, I have no idea on the side effect of
removing the above line in libX11.a, because I am not familiar with the
above system call.

I hope this would help you and someone who can solve this problem in a
correct way.

Shu Shimizu