RE: Keyboard Prob

I also have the problem of any keyboard input causing everything to crash. I
will describe what happens in case it is useful for debugging. I can do
anything that I want with the mouse, including copying, pasting, iconifying.
I do get the following messages in the popup dos window titled bash when I
launch.

 Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
 Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
 Failed to open input method

Then when I type anything I get the following messages added to the popup
window.

 0 [main] xterm 513267 handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
 4748 [main] xterm 513267 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to
XTERM.EXE.stackdump

BTW, I am using win98 on a Compaq armada M700 and I am using the standard
startxwin.bat file. I am using a standard 101 key English keyboard.

Thanks,

jts

               John T. Stonick, Ph.D.
               Principal Design Engineer