Can't open display

Enoch Wu ewu@eskimo.com
Wed Apr 11 00:04:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 02:02:28AM -0400, Harold Hunt wrote:
> Enoch,
>
> I understand that you're excited about your environment variable, but ease
> up man :)

Sorry I got over excited right after XWin95 came up on my screen :)

> Current posts on the list regarding "Can't open display" are primarily
> regarding two other problems, both unrelated to environment variables...
> trust me.
>
> Harold

Ahh I can see that X being comatoze, other clients trying to use X simply
gave up and reported "Can't Open Display".  Thanks for shedding some light.

Additionally, I noted that tar was somewhat buggy during installation of
Xfree-devel package. It could not install some files. I don't think it has
anything to do with what you folks are discussing -- IPC and signals I think.

Some folks with a problem like to hear some hints rather than be forgotten :)

EW