Terminal Problems

Just downloaded and installed the most recent version of Cygwin (1.3.6),
using Blackbox, and I'm having problems with rxvt.  Whenever I start it
up, this is the prompt I get:

"
\[\033]0;\w\007
\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
$
"

On previous installations of cygwin, it would normally be

"
<user name>@<HOSTNAME>
$
"

On top of that, I can't backspace, or do tab completion.  I've tried
changing my TERM system variable from xterm, to rxvt, to
rxvt-cygwin-native.  None of that fixed my problem.  Anybody know what's
going on?

I would use xterm, but for some reason, I can't get it to run from
blackbox's menu.  If I try running it from the menu, I get (in the
console):

"xterm: Error 14, errno 2: No such file or directory"

I know xterm is in my path, because if I type 'xterm' in rxvt within
blackbox, it'll startup with no problems.

Thanks,
Socheat