closing xfree86

we are using the startxwin.bat to open xfree, start an
ssh session on a linux server and run a program
remotely. when the ssh session finishes the x server
on the windows machine respawns leaving a background x
window (full screen). does anyone know how to stop
that respawn. In linux you can do a killall -SIGTERM X
in a script but I cant find an equivalent in windows.

can anyone help?