Remote Gnome Sessions (RE: Running remote window manager)

Huh... I got it to work.

Here's a screenshot:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/images/gnome-remote-session.jpg (84 kB)

Colors are really messed up because I'm running in 16 bit color mode, rather
than the 8 bit color mode.  I did not try 8 bit color mode, but I suspect
that it would look better.

My Linux box is running Mandrake 7.2, so when I opened a remote xterm I
simply typed 'gnome-session' and Gnome started lauching, displaying on my
Cygwin/XFree86 server, or course.

You may first want to try launching 'twm' from your Linux machine, as that
is present and likely to be named the same on most machines...

Fascinating :)