RE: RE: Help : Xfree86 can't RUN ?

>How can you explain the fact that Zhang has the same DirectDraw error
>messages like I got before I downloaded and installed Test 7???
>That's strange, isn't it? ;) ;)

There are a couple problem with error reporting in xf_dx.dll; primarily,
some errors related to the primary frame buffer allocation can fall through
and be mistakenly reported as back buffer errors.  Primary frame buffer
allocation problems will tend to be related to the video drivers, as the
primary frame buffer is located in the video memory; while back buffer
allocation problems will be due to the amount of available system memory and
the DirectDraw code.

We have to guess as to the most likely error, due to xf_dx.dll's
misreporting of error causes.  Relatively little can go wrong with
allocating the back buffer, but plenty can go wrong with getting a pointer
to the primary buffer; that's why I figure that Zhang needs to update his
video drivers.

Nevertheless, thanks for being a die-hard Test 7 fan :)