Development Status Update 5

I am able to call DirectDraw functions directly from XWin.exe using
Microsoft's ddraw.h and Cygwin's libddraw.a; as a test I am doing a color
fill on the main Cygwin/XFree86 window, using pure blue as the fill color.

For my next Development Framework Release I will be creating a ddraw.h file
that can be distributed with the Cygwin project; I believe this involves
typing in the whole 5000+ line file, so it may take a little while;
thankfully the link library, libddraw.a, is already part of the Cygwin
distribution.

This is great news... in about two weeks we will have a buildable framework
that will allow us to concentrate all of our efforts on implementing the
Device Dependent X functions.

I'll keep everyone posted,