Re: Test 7 : How can I change my default shell?

xterm .... -e bash

The -e option MUST be the last option to xterm, so it will take all the rest of the args and use them to exec the shell (or whatever program is specified).  Depending on
where/how you start this, either or both of xterm/bash may need to be referenced by absolute paths.

When xterm starts, if there is no -e and no SHELL variable set, it will default to /bin/sh (ash on Cygwin).  So you could also try setting SHELL=bash somewhere.  But I
think the -e option is probably more reliable.

--
Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer