Windowed server and LyX?

Hello,

I just stumbeled upon XFree86 for Cygwin when I now needed to
do a reinstall of my Cygwin environment (system crash).

The documentation says that work is in progress to provide a server
that will be displayed in a window, not just full screen mode. The
screenshot shows such an X-server, doesn't it? Does that mean
that the current version can be started in a window, and if so, how?

I would also like some guidance as to where to turn to get some
information about certain porting projects.

I have used Cygwin in combination with ReflectionX from WRQ and
MiKTeX to run LyX for Win32.

Does anyone know if there is a TeX port available for Cygwin, and
if someone has sucessfully compiled LyX for Cygwin/XFree86?

- Idar Tollefsen