From: julie [mailto:julie@MageNet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 9:46 AM
To: cygwin-xfree
Cc: julie
Subject: startx trouble...

Ok, I'm new to the cygwnin tools, but I'm impressed and happy to find
them...  I am trying to start the xwindows server.  First I kept getting

direct draw didn't initialize...  I got passed that, and now I get the
grey startup screen and my computer hangs...  The mouse works, but
nothing
else happens, I have to unplug my laptop to reset the computer,
ctrl-alt-delete and ctrl-alt-backspace don't work...  Any help would be
apreciated...  I hope to be able to help with the development after I
get
things working.

Julie

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]

[   Admining Linux  ] [           To thine own self be true.           ]
[ Windows/WindowsNT ] [ Fair is where you take your cows to be judged. ]