Xfree on Win98?

I am running Win98SE, my display adapter is a Matrox Millenium G400 and my
display is a 17"-95kHz monitor! Cygwin is installed completely but root is
mounted in textmode!

I have installed all archives from the ftp server and I am running the
current release of Cygwin. But when invoking startxwin.bat, i.e.:
======================================
@echo off
SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
SET
PATH=.;C:\Cygwin\bin;.;C:\Cygwin\usr\local\bin;C:\Cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin;%PATH
%
start XWin -screen 8 1024x768x16 -whitepixel 255 -blackpixel 0
start xterm -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black
start rxvt -fn "Lucidia Console-12"
start vtwm
======================================

by double clicking in Explorer some dos windows do appear and after a short
while the X11 screen comes up with the X-cross centered on the screen. At
this time no keyboard nor any mouse movement can be made. The system does
hang completely, so the only thing to do is power off!

The same thing (but without those dos-windows ;) happens when I invoke
startxwin out of may bash window!

Has anyone Xfree X-server running on WIn98? And did this one has to fix
similar problems? Or has anybody any setting which can help the X-server to
run?

Claus