Re: technical questions about X11 in Cygwin

Hi, Alan,

Everything related to X11 is contained under the directory /usr/X11R6
now. Both of Xlibint.h and Xos.h are available in the directory
/usr/X11R6/include/X11. You can let the compiler know the include
directory usually by adding -I/usr/X11R6/include option. libX11.a which
contains XFlush and other fundamental functions is also located in
/usr/X11R6/lib. You probably need to check your Makefile.

Hajime, Kobe, Japan

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:15:31 -0700
Alan Wong <awong@scea.com> wrote:

> Hi, my name is Alan and I have a technical question concerning the use of
> the X11 stuff in /cygwin/usr/include/X11.
> If you aren't the person to ask, could you please direct me to the right email
> address and/or forward this email to him/her?
>
> Anyways, I'm trying to port some old code I had from Unix to Windows and
> my old code used X11 stuff, so I was able to include that fine with your cygwin
> implementation of the X11 stuff, i.e. <X11/Xlib.h>.
>
> However, my old code also called things like "XFlush", which I notice is
> externally
> defined in <X11/Xlib.h>, and of course I get a linker error for unresolved
> external
> symbols for all these externally defined functions.
> What do I do and what do I need to get to fix these linker errors for windows?
>
> My old code also used to include <X11/Xlibint.h> and <X11/Xos.h>, but they
> aren't
> available in your implementation, and I'm unsure of if this has anything to
> do with the problem.
>
> Thanks.  Your help will be remembered.
>

> -Alan Wong - Software Engineer
> Sony Computer Entertainment America, RTIME Division
> 10075 Barnes Canyon Road
> San Diego, CA 92121-2723
> (858) 824-5883
> (858) 824-5878 - FAX

Hajime MURAO, Kobe University
A professional? No, I am not professional. I am an amateur. "Amateur"
comes from the latin "amare":to love. If you do not love what you do,
you do not deserve to do it. --- Orson Welles