Re: Xhost (was Re: Remote Server XDMCP)

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Robert Collins wrote:

> xhost is included in the xfree binary distribution. It might not be in your
> path however if you have simply untarred the tarballs.
>
> > > xhost + hostname
> > You mention xhost, but I can't find it anywhere in the cygwin
> installation...
> > thus I can't run xterm on a remote box and display it on my
> Win2K/CygwinXfree
> > box.
> >
> > Have you any suggestions?

Start the server with command switch -ac. This will disable Access
Control. Unfortunatly this will enable access from everywhere. But
in noncritical use, this should not be a big problem.

Unfortunatly -ac won't work with Xvfb and Xggi. They only print
something like "Unsupported Option" and show the command switches in
Messageboxes (and -ac as 2nd or 3rd)

cu

--
 Alexander.Gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de | http://www.gotti.org