RE: Also almost there..

Suhaib,

Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestion to run startxwin.bat from the DOS prompt. I first ha dto chage the path mentioned in it; it now points to /usr/bin/X11, which does not exist. After that, the resuly was the same as before.
What puzzles me is that there is not a XF86config file in my cygwin directory structure; is it not required for XWin?
Thanks again, any suggestions what to try next?