RE: conflicting types for `_cygwin_dll_entry' with fresh cygwin-1.1.4 and latest Xfree

>     >> hw/xwin/InitOutput.o(.text+0x10ca):InitOutput.c: undefined
> reference to
>     Suhaib> `cfbLoad'
>
>     Suhaib> This one should not be there unless you are using the
> very old cygwin/xfree
>     Suhaib> tar-ball from
>     Suhaib> Cygwin/XFree URL.  I fixed it at least 3 months ago.
> I am not sure
>     Suhaib> why are you getting this. Only reason Ic an think of
> you got a very very old
>     Suhaib> sources
>
> Yes, I got the sources from Cygwin/XFree URL.
> I cannot use cvs because I'm sitting behind a firewall.

I am also behind the firewall at work.  We use CheckPoint.
I have no problems accessing any CVS.
Ask your system Admin to configure Firewall properly.  If out-going
established connections are allowed on a firewall, CVS works
just fine without any problems.

> Is it possible that you provide the latest working tar balls on
> that URL until
> the next release of Xfree is out ?

The tar-balls uploaded 2 weeks ago should work.  They have 98% changes
submitted to XFree86 Organization.  I cannot redistribute tar-balls
from CVS reporsitory at XFree86.org.  It is against XFree86 Inc. policy
to redistribute tar-balls and binaries from CVS repository untill a final
release is out. Sorry. I need to abide by rules which I signed when I joined
xfree86.org.

> PS: The libs and dll's are working porperly and I could compile
> Xemacs OOTB.
>     By the way I used to use the standard X11R6.4 distribution
> (compiled by myself with
>     Sergeys patches) with cygwin B20.1 to compile and run X apps.
> Now I'll use Xfree libs
>     and dll's. I tried to run my X apps compiled with B20.1 and
> X11R6.4 with the Xfree libs
>     and all of them are still working. Is this behaviour
> something you would expect ?? Just
>     curious.

XFree86 is based upon  X11R6.4.  DLLs might work as replacement
for X11R6.4 from Sergey, but compilation of x clinets should return
errors.

Suhaib