RE: XWin Server Error

Yes it does.  NT 4.0 SP 5 or 6 supports DirectX 3.0
and the XWIN server is backward compatible for DirectX 3.0.
The problem he is reporting could be because his video card vendor
drivers are either too old, do not use DirectX or not compatible
with DirectX... He needs to check with his video card vendor
for a the newer version of drivers if they have one which is
directx accelerated.

Suhaib