RE: X Servers on Win 9x

Thanks for clearly the doubt. I can now get the
DirectX window displayed. But unfortunately the xterm
doesn't come up. I have cygwin 1.1 installed as
d:\cygwin (root) and have the X-servers-v-1.0 as
d:\usr. I started at command prompt "startdx". I can
see the windows that comes up, it spawns up two MS Dos
windows (xterm and twm), then I get "bash: no such
file or directory".
So I copied bash from d:\cygwin\bin to \usr\bin\x11
and restarted the DirectX application, Even then
xterms fails to show, with some warnings and one error
 Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale
unchanged
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to
 Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using
default
 Failed to open input method

I then added C_LOCALE env. variable to
D:\usr\lib\X11\locale\C, but even then xterm fails.
The xterm MS DOS windows closes after displaying the
"locale" messages. And the main DirectX window does
nothing (I mean I don't menus or anything when I click
on it)

Have you come across such a thing? What I am doing
wrong, or what should I do to get DXwin32 running.

Thanks once again, Appreciate your help

Vinod

PS: On the DirectX Window, windows mouse(arrow) and X
cursor both appear simultaneously, what should I do to
get rid of the windows mouse cursor?