RE: X Servers on Win 9x

> Hi,
>     Please accept my congratulations on having X
> Servers running good on Windows. According to Suhaib's
> June 19th mail "Xwin and Win95/98", I am assuming that
> none of X Servers will run on Win9x. Am I right? I am
> trying to get X Servers working on my win98 with
> Cygwin New Net release, it never ever got to a point
> beyond, "RGB_DB" error and "fixed" font error.

It means, X server is unable to find /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 directory
which contains rgb.txt and fonts subdirectory.

If you are using cygwin 1.1.1, the XWIN should be installed
in X:\cygwin\usr\X11R6  (X is your disk letter)

> I tried
> doing all the stuff suggested in mailing list. But if
> anybody has X Servers running for cygwin1.dll could
> you please send me more info.

if you mount points are:

c:\cygwin\usr /usr

then everthing related to X goes in C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6

Suhaib