Speed of XFree86 4.0 based X-server

Hi All,

Excuse me for my intervention and please accept my
congratulation with  new X server release.

I was able to install and run it somehow. However,
I see that is very *slow*. Few month ago I tried
GDI based server; it worked just fine but speed
was unacceptable.

I takes few seconds just to drag a window. Menu
appears like a half of second. I tried both
(GDI and DirectX)  servers and speed is approximately
the same. Am I right or I do something wrong?

I am running Pentium II 200 Mhz with Matrox 2 MB
card. Xfree linux server runs perfectly - no
complains about speed, faster then Windows NT.

Did I do something wrong? What is your speed
comparison with Linux/BSD X free servers?

Best Regards,
Mikhail