RE: ftp broken

> ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/xfree/drivers/ seems broken.  I
> cannot download any of the xfddx files.
>
> Also, when mapping the framebuffer into a user process using xfddx can one
> take a full screendump by reading that memory?
>
> I'm very excited about the xfddx driver and would like to use it
> to log all
> calls into the display driver.  Any comments?

The comments are:

1) I screwed up my Windows partition while trying to install UNIXWARE7 on a
separate
partition.  Worst i did not make a backup copy of "drivers" directory which
contain codes.
So I was waiting to get new archives from Dr. Peter Busch.

2) Do not count,  it to be on Sourceware today or tomorrow... I had couple
of RAID systems
blew up at work so I am busy with it.

3) The present archives in drivers directory are corrupted.  REASON:
Whenever I used
bzip2 for Windows (native Win32 version from Bzip2 HomePage) it corrupted
the bz2 archive.

4) About memory dump, I do not think you can do that but P. Busch might
answer your questions.
The fxddx driver is an excellent piece of work which allows to access Video
hardware using Vendor
supplied drivers.  It's main purpose is to support Cygwin/XFree project.
Any other use? USE
IT AT YOUR RISK IF IT for memory and register dumps, any help for these uses
might go answered.

Regards
Suhaib