Re: New libGGI package

Steve Kelem wrote:

> I installed your new tar file on top of /. "XGGI -targets directxnt" brings up an X-like window
> with an X cursor.
> The X cursor can be moved all the way to the top, bottom, and right of the window, but to only
> about 1/3 of the left-hand side.

When the cursor leaves the window, is it in sync with the Win32 mouse
cursor.  There is a bug that I have not been able to fix.  Try bringing
both cursors to the bottom right of the screen to 'resync' them.

> It also seems to be using almost all of the compute cycles.  (It took over 30 seconds to pop my
> Netscape composer window to the foreground!)

I have not seen this...

> By the way, my environment is set to:
> setenv GGI_DEBUG 0
> setenv GGI_DEFMODE '1024x768[GT_32BIT]'
> setenv GGI_CONFDIR G:/usr/local/etc/ggi
> I'm not sure how GGI_DEFMODE should be set. My screen is 1600x1200, true color. (Diamond Viper
> V7xx series)

Try a mode of 1024x768[GT_16BIT]  You will have to change the windows
color depth to 16 bits also.

Also try a smaller resolution  ( 800x600 )

> (A) is it running? If I type "(xterm -e tcsh&)", I don't get an xterm.

do you get an xterm if you just type 'xterm' ?

> (B) what should I set my DISPLAY variable to on other machines?  Is it the usual machinename:0.0?

same as always.

> I think we're getting closer.

Just realize that this is just barely beta code.  I haven't had a lot of
time lately to work on it.

John