RE: Undefined reference to _ctype__?

> > The SGI OpenGL DDK port to Cygwin has already been done.  It is at
> > my personal URL at http://siddiqi.webjump.com.  It is based upon
> > the recent SGI OpenGL Implementation Source Code Release under SGI
> > OpenSource Project.  It includes static as well as DLLs of libGL,
> > libGLU, libGlw, libnurbs and libRGB. The port was straight forward
> > except at a few places you need to fix #ifdef WIN32 which caused
> > conflicts with Win32 API headers in Cygwin.
>
> Great! Do you have patches for this stuff for the changes? I am
> currently running with the latest CVS versions of the SGI OpenGL
> stuff rather than one of the tarball distributions. I want to merge
> this into our perforce server so we can track the latest updates to
> the code.

I did not make patches.  But I did backup the X and OpenGL merged source
tree
on a CD.  When I get time I will post the patch.  This is what I did.

1) Merge SGI OpenGL CVS based code, as of Febr 14th, to XF86 3.91x source
tree
per instructions for Linux.

2) make World compiled X and OpenGL.

3) Only one source file in GLU failed to compile.  It was because it had at
ONLY
place #ifdef WIN32, I changed it to #if defined(WIN32) &&
!defined(__CYGWIN__).

> > Any recent Cygwin Snapshot should do.  I am currently using
> > cygwin-inst-20000221.tar.gz
> >
> > After extraction I rename the i686-pc-cygwin to i586-cygwin32 and
> > copy everything to H-i586-cygwin32.  This is a crude way of
> > installing a snapshot to replace your stock B20.1.
>
> Thanks! I will give that a try.
>
> BTW, I assume I don't need any of the other snapshot files then?

No you do not.  Always use complete cygwin-inst-xxxxx snapshots, not just
the
DLLs when compiling X.  I would recommend using cygwin-inst-20000227.tar.gz
which has CPU overhead fixes.  I tested it last night and had a very good
success with it, when compiling X.

Suhaib