Re: Trying to RTFNA, but need more spoon-feeding

Todd Goodman wrote:

> To tell the truth I didn't use the cygwin-xfree libs.  I built from the
> X.org tarballs using cygwin.
>
> But I've certainly built many X clients (Xterm, Xvt, FreeCiv, Xclock, etc.)
> and
> just started up Exceed before I started the clients and they all displayed
> OK.
>
> This is under Exceed 6.1 (6.1.0.0) and NT 4.0 SP 5 and SP 6.1a (I think).

Hmm. Whether or not I start exceed, I get a

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click Ok to
terminate the appliation

dialog box, so it probably has to do with setup or where I installed the
tarball.

Sigh.

That corel linux cd in the mail is starting to look really good now.

Anyone out there have any clue as to what I'm doing wrong?

Time to take another look at the Cyg-xfree site/pages.

--

Matthew O. Persico