RE: Trying to RTFNA, but need more spoon-feeding

To tell the truth I didn't use the cygwin-xfree libs.  I built from the
X.org tarballs using cygwin.

But I've certainly built many X clients (Xterm, Xvt, FreeCiv, Xclock, etc.)
and
just started up Exceed before I started the clients and they all displayed
OK.

This is under Exceed 6.1 (6.1.0.0) and NT 4.0 SP 5 and SP 6.1a (I think).