Re: XGGI Success!!

"$Bill Luebkert" wrote:

> John Fortin wrote:
> >
> > All,
> >         I am happy to announce that I have a working X-Server using XGGI
> > running under Win98.
> >
> >         * Mouse Tracking, LButton, RButton work
> >         * KB works
> >
> >         I have Successfully run xterm, twm, xclock, oclock, xmag, x11perf,
> > aixterm, xterm (from aix), ddd (from aix)
> >

> >         Now it is a matter of fine tuning.
> >
> >         The current version runs in a window, not full screen.  I did this for
> > debugging purposes, but I think I like it.
> >
> >         Things to do:
> >
> >         - make version for NT
>
> NT can wait.  :)
>
> >         - clean up mouse support, add 3-button support
>
> That would be a nice.
>
> >         - more fonts needed
>
> That can wait.  :)
>
> >         - make window moveable
>
> That would be nice too.
>
> >         - optimize the code better
>
> That can wait too.  :)
>
> When do you plan on making it available for download?

	Probably next week.  I need to package it.  Just understand that this
is an alpha version, and bugs are going to be there.

> Since I'm not familiar with XGGI, are we talking about a Cygwin compiled version here?
> or MingW? or native? or ??

The win32 version of XGGI is a cygwin executable for now.  Suhaib is
working on a mingw version of the X11 libs.  When that happens, we
should be able to create a native ( non-cygwin ) XGGI Server.

The libGGI library will also be made available...

John

Checkout the XGGI Homepage.  It will explain it better than I can

	http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/ggi/xggi/