[Fwd: XGGI Update]

John,

I am putting a new firewall, therefore removed some of the old IP
filtering.  During this proccess ORBS quried my SMTP server and got
in
while it was exposed for a few hours... now I canot post to lists
;-(
 Can you please try to forward a copy to list, please?

> > At no point in time I mentioned about splitting
> cygwin-xfree. I realize the fantastic work done by you,
> mike and fortin till now and sorry if you felt like that.
> However, I am not sure the methodology cygwin-xfree is
> using is the right approach (basing on xfree86, using GGI
> layer over and above directx and not concentrating on GDI
> based X-Server). That does not prevent me from
> contributing to the project.
> >

> PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, not another flame war on the
> various merits, right or wrongness, GDI vs DirectX,
> approaches.  EVERY approach has pros and cons associated
> with it.  The GOAL is to have a free X-Server available.
> The more types, the better.... But lets get at least one
> working first...

Basically that is what I mean.  I wrote to Karra for
misunderstanding.
I did not mean it.

> > > Since I have X code setup for Cygwin, MSVC and
> working on MingW32
> > > I could look at your code and help you port to other
> compilers.
> > >
> > Please give me some time. How can I learn about
> cygwin/mingw if I take your help for porting without
> atleast giving it a try myself ;-)
> >

> But again, why reinvent the wheel if it is not needed.
> Suhaib has a great deal of experience with the various
> compilers and the source.  So to me, if I wanted to get
> something done efficiently, I would use the available
> resources (namely Suhaib).

Every one is welcome to contribute and I comfident we will have
excellent X-servers functional in the near future.

Suhaib