Re: DX Xserver

Sorry for the confusion the way I worded this question. I am developing
the DX Server on a NT machine with SiS 6326 video card which supports
8/16/24 bpp. Since the DX Server is also based on a frame buffer, I was
looking at xfree86 sources to find how to use 24 bit, but could not find
anywhere. The X-consortium's sample server supports 8/16/32 bit using
the cfb, cfb16 and cfb32 drivers.

Suhaib, I could not get time to cleanup the sources to create a patch (a
compilation of the whole tree takes > 30mins on my machine). I will
release the source during this weekend.

Meanwhile, I found the causes of the problems I reported earlier.

1. Solaris: the problem is with xset fp+ <fontserver> in the xdm setup.
The fc client code need to be cleaned up.
2. KDE: the problem is to do with an entry in .kderc
(background=<colorcode>. Looks like this is used in some palette
mapping.

Regards
KD