RE: VESA calls under WinNT

Thanks for message. I am forwarding it to Cygwin-Xfree list because
it might be of interest to others.

If you think NT_xlib from rxvt can be extended to cover X-servers,
would you mind working on it?
As far as my knowledge of X11/MOTIF is concerned, it may require a
major re-write of XFree86 code.  most of the Xfree86 code is
aseembeler language, therefore very tricky to port to non-Unix
platforms.
A couple of users are looking into devices drivers and vXD issues
for xfree86.

As far as DirectX is concerend, John Fortin is working on it.  He
told me a few weeks ago that it was also not as easy as we thought
in the begining.

Regards
Suhaib