Re: FW: Problem with openssh and domain user rights

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Robert Pendell <> wrote:

> Yes it has.  Is it me or have they fixed their instructions?  Also I see
> a nice big disclaimer at the top not to bug the cygwin list with issues...
>
> *sip*

I don't know, but It seems that they make the instructions way more
complicated than it needs to be. why should you have to manually set
the CYGWIN environment variable?

They have the instruction:
If the script asks about "create a local user sshd on this machine", answer yes

Later on they say if it fails to do this:
chown system /etc/ssh*
chown system /var/empty

If the sshd service is being started as the local sshd user, who has
user rights, how will changing ownership of those two things to system
help? and what about /var/log/lastlog and /var/log/sshd.log?

maybe I don't understand sshd like I think I do.

--
-Andrew Louie :wq
--éæé