Re: Vista/cygwin tar problem - "file changed as we read it"

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Carlo Florendo wrote:

> Igor Peshansky wrote:
> > TITTTL'd...

> > > Facist admins eh?
> >
> > Ah, now I get it.  Facist admins are admins that are afraid to lose
> > face, and so make sure nobody mucks with their settings, even if those
> > are nonsensical...  What with the recent wave of facist CEOs, facist
> > CTOs, and facist venture capitalists, the admins are just the latest
> > group to catch the craze...
>
> Once, I actually contemplated to have users download a repackaged (i.e
> disguised) VNC server as a "system protector" so that we admins could
> confirm or belie our suspicions that someone was doing something nasty
> or not working at all.  We didn't pursue it since it policing everyone
> takes a lot of time. But yes, I agree with you that admins are sometimes
> fascists and overdo their admin stuff.

Heh, fascist admins are a completely different story.  Those are more like
BOFH.  Facist admins, on the other hand, simply have something to hide...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

Belief can be manipulated.  Only knowledge is dangerous.  -- Frank Herbert