RE: MD5s of setup.exe on mirrors.

On 14 May 2007 20:54, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 08:03:23PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>> [ bock-bock because it's getting a bit tired on the main list and the
>> actual issue is long since dealt with. ]
>>
>> On 14 May 2007 19:22, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>

>>  But that /still/ doesn't differentiate between "setup.exe" and any other
>> random .exe found in the installed packages, so it doesn't explain why
>> there is a discrepancy in the rules for trusting one particular .exe as
>> compared to any other.
>
> It's too bad the spam filter blocks profanity.

  I'm sure it wouldn't block a long, drawn out scream!

  Alternatively, try reducing your stress levels with cute kittens and hippos:

http://www.rathergood.com/hippo/

> cgf

  Anyway, I worked it out for meself.

  As to how it happened, my guess is that someone maintainerish tried
compressing it with a newer UPX, and after they installed it, realised it
wasn't any smaller, and decided to touch the timestamp back to the original to
save wasting people's download times.

    cheers,
      DaveK