RE: (Re: Look before posting) (Re: Think before replying)

On 24 August 2006 14:00, George wrote:

> Off the top of my head the only other countries I can think of are
> Singapore and Malaysia, Burma, Cyprus, Jamaica, The Countries Formerly
> Known as Rhodesia, and Nigeria.  Kenya, I think gained independence
> after 1947.  Britain also gave up rule of Palestine around that time
> after the locals started blowing up their buildings.

http://www.britishempire.co.uk/timeline/20century.htm

1948: Ceylon, Burma
1957: British Togoland/Gold Coast/Ghana, Malay states.
1960: British Somaliland, Nigeria
1961: Sierra Leone, Tanganyika and British Cameroons
1962: Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda and Western Samoa
1963: Kenya and Zanzibar
1964: Northern Rhodesia/Zambia; Nyasaland/Malawi; Malta
1965: Southern Rhodesia
1966: Botswana, Lesotho and Gambia
1967: Aden
1968: Mauritius and Swaziland