Re: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 05:53:17PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
John W. Eaton wrote:
On 15-Aug-2006, Joachim Achtzehnter wrote:
Clearly, developers make a huge contribution,
nobody is denying this, but to suggest that *only* developers contribute
and everybody else should therefore just shut up
I never said everyone else should "just shut up".  My point was that
if you aren't contributing in some way, then you shouldn't expect your
complaining to carry much weight.  The way to get things done is to do
the work, not just complain and hope that people do something for you.
...or offer money. That carries more weight than complaining. :-)

However that doesn't work in all cases. This I am reasonably confident is one of them. But as a general rule...

No, it would work in this case, but I hesitate to name my price since it will surely make me sound even more evil.

Ok, I thought I'd heard somewhere in a thread on this topic that you wouldn't do it for $$ in this instance. Apologies if my memory is faulty. :-)

--
Matthew
Only Joe suffers from schizophrenia. The rest of us enjoy it.