Re: cygwin + windows update = lock up (W2K SP4)

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 01:29:58PM +0100, John Hackett wrote:
>Funny but not terribly useful - esp. as you seem to have posted to
>this list about this problem earlier in the month and I was following
>up on this post from cfg to see whether there was a solution posted
>anywhere yet
>
>"I'm not exactly sure where to send this, since it is a unique
>situation,
>but someone has contacted me off-list to offer to pay me to look into
>this problem.  Money is always a great motivator for me, so, I've let
>Dave Korn know about this and have spent some time today looking into
>the problem.
>
>I hope that I'll have a fix sometime next week.
>
>So, I guess this means that I've retracted my retraction.  I do
>appreciate the fact that Dave was looking at this very much, though.  It
>really is nice to have other people besides Corinna and me looking at
>the code.
>
>If anyone is looking for something to do, it would be nice to have
>another set of eyes on the snapshot problems that I mentioned in the
>cygwin mailing list.
>
>cgf"
>
>If you have some *relevant* help then it would be appreciated.
>Sarcasm is not!

So, are you saying that you're going to pay me, too?  Oh boy! This
problem is going to be a gold mine!

I'm thinking of a sliding scale charging fee.  $1000 to fix infinite loops.
$500 to fix infinite/2 loops, $250 for inifinite/4 loops, etc.

Anway, yes, I believe that the problem is fixed in the latest snapshot.

And, in case it isn't clear by now, this mailing list isn't really the
best place for technical discussions or queries.  That's why it's listed
as a "mindless chatter list" at http://cygwin.com/lists.html .

cgf