RE: Precision of doubles and stdio

On 07 March 2006 18:11, Phil Betts wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote on Monday, March 06, 2006 6:41 PM::
>
>> On 06 March 2006 17:36, Phil Betts wrote:
>>
>>> I'm absolutely amazed that you are a professor of computer science!
>>
>>   I'm not, but then again, I've been paying attention to what Roberto
>> has posted before, and therefore have some idea of his level of
>> expertise and experience, whereas you are assuming that you know all
>> there is to know and therefore do not need to check your beliefs
>> against reality.
>
> Not true.

  Sorry, but nobody is able to answer your call at this time.  If you still
require an answer, please leave your flames after the beep, and we'll get one
of our trained operatives to call you right back.   <BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP>

[  Or IOW,  that was a long and detailed post that calls for a long and
detailed reply, and I just haven't had time over the past 24 hours to get
round to it, but it's right on the top of my to-do pile, promise!  :)  ]

    cheers,
      DaveK