Re: cygwin service not starting

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 03:48:18PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>Brian Dessent wrote:
>> "mshrak (sent by Nabble.com)" wrote:

>>> http://www.nabble.com/cygwin-service-not-starting-t944821.html#a2449021
>>> Sent from the cygwin-talk forum at Nabble.com.
>>
>> This is crap.  This garbage already litters the gcc lists, and now it's
>> here.
>
>  Although to give them their due, they responded adequately to the problem on
>the gcc list by editing their group description to make it clear that it was
>an ultra-technical list and not for use by nueless clewbies.
>
>  And it's damn easy to filter on 'nabble' and you wouldn't expect to get many
>false positives....

I could actually block them entirely.  I'm not really thrilled that someone has
set up a forum which makes it easy to send email here without making it clear
what kind of email to send.  They do refer to lists.html but what died-in-the-wool
cygwin user is going to stop and click on a link when they are burning to ask
a question about, cron, ssh, or "cygwin service"?

cgf