password expiration

Hello,

Since this is not related to cygwin, I want to try my luck here at the talk list.

In UNIX/Linux, the 5th field for each entry for the shadow password file has a field that indicates the number of days before a password *must* be changed.

Does this mean that if I set the entry to 1 (one), will I have to change the password every time before 1 day elapses? Or, does it mean that I have to change it for the first time?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Carlo

--