This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: /proc/<pid>/exe points to void
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:02:20 -0800
- Subject: Re: /proc/<pid>/exe points to void
- Organization: bs"d
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050310220045.GC20798@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 11:00:45PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar 10 16:00, Sam Steingold wrote:
> > /proc/<pid>/exe points to "foo", not to "foo.exe", so it cannot be
> > opened &c.
I believe that's an "abbreviation" for "etc." - I wouldn't actually
call it such because you are trading <shift/&> for <e/t>, with no
net keystroke gain. Presumably, the et cetera means opened, stat'd,
mv'd, cp'd, terminated with extreme prejudice, etc.