This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: disk not seen after adminstrative re-install
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'close your eyes and stick a pin in the dictionary, that's about how much sense the english language makes to foreigners'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:37:36 -0000
- Subject: RE: disk not seen after adminstrative re-install
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Corinna Vinschen
>Sent: 10 March 2005 20:57
> On Mar 10 10:30, Chris Winne wrote:
>> --- Corinna Vinschen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>> If you can still reproduce the behaviour, please
>>> drop "notraverse"
>>> from the CYGWIN variable again and call `strace -o
>>> mount.trace mount'
>>> and send the bzip'd mount.trace file to this list.
>>> (should be below
>>> 6 or 7K).
>> It reproduces without fail. File is attached.
> What means "without fail"? Did it fail to show the e drive or not?
It means "without failure" or "without failing", but it's meaning that the
reproducing was what happened "without failure", not that the drive mounted
"without failure", i.e. it means that it did fail, not that it did occur
without "fail", but that it indeed did not fail to fail, and therefore
occurred "with fail", without fail.
I hope this makes it all perfectly clear :)
Next time, we will be discussing the difference between "flammable" and
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....