This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: df and floppy seeks [was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: findutils-20041227-1]
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'banging two rocks together to light a fire'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:17:08 -0000
- Subject: RE: df and floppy seeks [was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: findutils-20041227-1]
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Igor Pechtchanski
>Sent: 28 February 2005 18:08
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Dave Korn wrote:
>> ----Original Message----
>>> From: cygwin-talk-owner On Behalf Of Christopher Faylor
>>> Sent: 28 February 2005 16:41
>>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 04:16:41PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>>> On Feb 28 14:20, Dave Korn wrote:
>>>>> Or maybe they just thought they had to run it all the way to the end
>>>>> in case you'd only put a very _small_ floppy in?
>>>> I guess they want to make sure it really wakes up.
>>> What's all this about floppies? Why aren't you working on the highly
>>> important diff utilities problem??????????
>> I'm still waaaaay too busy trying to edit my registry with vi. It
>> works just fine, so long as you make sure you only replace plain ascii by
>> overwriting and don't change the lengths of any strings, honest!
> "Vim" has a binary mode, you know...
Oh, sorry, did I say "vi"? I meant "ed" of course. I find all that gui
stuff in vim way too new-fangled and confusing for my liking.....
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....